Friday 23 November 2007

visit to borders

i have always loved bookshops. there is something about the atmosphere that makes me feel different. i much prefer a bookshop to a library.

the people who visit borders regularly are the individuals doucuers is aimed at:
i began by looking at books focused on letter writing and hand writing, i particularly liked the branding and graphics of many of these books.




the content of the books made me smile and made me realise that there is indeed a place in peoples lives for an object that will enrich their relationship with conversations and letter writing.





as my probe questioned where do people keep secrets...these are examples of secrets in the post a secret book.

this book reminded me i must try and source sealing wax.

i then began to really look closely at how the people at borders approach letters and storage of post etc.



the brand paper chase is a brand with similar values and aesthetics to douceurs.


these books intriuged me, is reading in the loo an interesting aspect to my project?


many books are dedicated to sharing silly nonsenseful letters written by members of the public.


psychology is an aspect of much importance. i want to understand people and understand thier motives and reasons.



more books that caught my eye...









No comments: